View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 12:43 PM   #58
Josiah
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy tiger View Post
Hey, I've been to ones like that before. But I choose not to go back because of the craziness.

But it's not even just that they think that a pow wow is a sacred ceramony of some kind, it's even (sometimes) more then that. They will lump all Tribes together as one and expect everyone to follow what they have learned or if you don't, they will actually come up to you and tell you that you are all wrong and proceed to try to teach you what is right based on what they have learned from this one or that one or what they have read in a book.

Again, I have a friend who is a tribal member born and raised on a res. She was at a pow wow one time and went into an inter-tribal with her granddaughter. A man who claimed to be of one tribe (but learning another) approached her (in the circle) and told her that she was in the wrong and had "no business" being in that circle. She was horrified. He proceeded to tell her what he was taught and why she was wrong. He knew what tribe she comes from, but he didn't care. To this day, she won't go out in the circle (except for when she's at home, now) and dance because of this. She's not as mouthy as I am.
Let me guess the area...
East of the Mississippi, south and east a bit