View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 02:27 PM   #60
ac_miss
Happy Beading Woman

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
ac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond repute
ac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyJo View Post
While the Creek side of my family was pretty well documented, the Cherokee side wasn't.......so it helps I've been down that road.

I have to admit, I get kind of weary of folks coming up and giving vague declarations of their heritage or wanting to tell you their ENTIRE family genealogy in hopes that you could confirm their heritage.

Used to be I just shrug and wish them luck and walk away..........but maybe by giving folks a "push" in the right direction they can find out "who they are.....and what people they come from" and maybe it will stop some of these vague declarations.
Good post! I can relate to that. I used to work in the tourism industry, and i'd get alot of people who come through asking about their genelogy. Alot of them did not know which tribe they were from, and just would expect me to know, but I couldn't. It was crazy!

I pretty much told them to start on their family tree, and go from there.