View Single Post
Old 01-25-2008, 04:27 PM   #22
Josiah
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbear View Post
Dude.. if you want to help.. then preach on about traditional diet and traditional diet included wild game like deer, moose, antelope, bison, fish, pheasant and so on.. but not pig, it was'nt indigenous to here... And even corn was'nt always just corn like you know it.

Today's market corn has been hybrid to death for size, color and sweetness. Most of the corn eating native nations treated their corn and turned it into hominy which also changes the composition of the corn. The traditional old strain of corn which the Iroquois still grow (Tuscarora white flour being one of them) is small, white and when lye treated has great concentrations of calcium and becomes less a carb. It's not just that we treated the corn, but how we did it as well because the English would use their trashy campfire ashes and run it through a sieve I believe. We used nothing but clean hardwood ash over an open fire. The corn then can be dried and stored or pounded into flour to which strawberries or beans were added with boiling water to make bread (boiled after loaf is formed) or course ground for a type of grits.

Oh man there is just so much more to this than can be put here in one post... but if you really want to know more about the native American diets, read the articles and books written by native authors not these new age authors who want to paint us as some kind of spiritual being abandoned on earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo_rose View Post
Well the unhealthy food is not the meat, especially the buffalo and other wild meat.

Most people don't dance at powwows to pray to the Creator or for world peace. There's ceremonies for that THAT YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT!!

It looks like you don't know much about anything except Hare Krishna. And ganga.

Speaking of which can I ask for my $3.00 back that Hare Krishna hounded me for while stuck in Denver Airport? With interest for 30 years it should be $20 bucks now.
Bravo!!
Excellent posts!
I was getting ready to just say F*** Off
But an intelligent thought provoking post will work also!