View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 12:11 AM   #11
timmy tiger
Head Dancer

Items Cake
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where ever there are babies or children you can find me
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
I kind of have to agree with BB. There needs to be a better way to this. I know a few Non-natives who have learned and go to ceramonies and they honor them and believe in them and they are NOT out there claiming to be sudden medicine people or "Spiritual" people. But then I know other's who go to their first ceramony and then all of a sudden they are these "Great Teachers" and can tell you everything about being Indian.

I believe that these ceramonies were given to the people for the people. And it's like one of my Uncles said to me "Not every one believes our ways". So what I (actually) do--is what I've seen the Elders do. I watch that person. Look and see who it is you are dealing with: Can they live it as well as they talk? Or is it just for show when certain people are around, but when they are not around--it's all about "me". Do they only do things in a large crowd to get attention, or do they do things privately truely from the heart? That will tell you alot more then just their words. Talk is cheap and actions really do speak louder then words in many cases. This is what I have seen.

A person who gives just so that they have something to brag about, is just in it for themselves and I don't think really would understand Spirituality in the first place. Just my opinion based on what I've seen.
timmy tiger is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook