View Single Post
Old 01-10-2003, 01:20 AM   #10
powwowbum49
Arena Director

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
powwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond repute
powwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
basic info

Now before I post combinations of design elements let me explain some of the ways that I do a piece. Often I will measure the area that I plan on beading and then mark the center of the area. I start my initial row there and then work out in one direction to the end. At that point I turn the piece around and repeat the design out in the other direction. Now I do not do this every time, sometimes I just start at one end and work to the other, it really depends on what I am beading.

I tend to work in design elements of several base units into the same piece (assuming the piece is long enough to do so). I also often use fading techniques through a particular color shade in areas, like fading from a yellow to a burgundy with from 4 - 15 color changes in that fade depending on the area I have to work with, before I start the next design elements. Using bold color changes at the same time I am changing design elements is something I prefer to do in my gourd stitch work. Sometimes I have a primary background color for the whole piece, but more often I use a different background colors for different design element areas. I also try to coordinate designs on a piece, like a gourd rattle or a southern singers leaning stick, so that the designs in different areas of the piece are not completely different form the rest, this gives some continuity to the finished work.

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." Pablo Picasso

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift...that is why is it called the Present." Master Oogway - KungFu Panda

My comments are based on what I have been taught and my experiences over the years I have been around the circle. They should in no way be taken as gospel truths and are merely my opinions or attempts at passing on what I have learned while still learning more.
powwowbum49 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook