View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 09:38 AM   #4
OneidaGirl928
Beadin' Beadin' Beadin'

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
OneidaGirl928 has a brilliant futureOneidaGirl928 has a brilliant futureOneidaGirl928 has a brilliant futureOneidaGirl928 has a brilliant futureOneidaGirl928 has a brilliant futureOneidaGirl928 has a brilliant futureOneidaGirl928 has a brilliant futureOneidaGirl928 has a brilliant futureOneidaGirl928 has a brilliant futureOneidaGirl928 has a brilliant future
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
My friend is going through something similiar and has contacted an attorney. Spotted Eagle made a good point. I would print the pages out so the URL shows up on the top. I believe my friend had to ask the website to remove the photos first and then when they didn't she had to continue legally.

Hopefully this website can start you in the right direction.

Web Site Legal Issues (BitLaw)

Here is a relevant quote from the site above:

"Taking images from third-parties. The simple rule is, "Don't steal someone else's images." The moment an original image (or string of text) is fixed on a hard drive for the first time, it is protected by copyright. Any unauthorized copying of a protected image is an infringement of the creator's copyright, unless the use falls within one of the very limited exceptions to the copyright law, such as "fair use." In most cases, it is unlikely that the incorporation of an image into a commercial web-site would be considered a fair use. "

Best wishes!

Live. Love. Laugh.
-[]-[]-/\-[]-[]-
OneidaGirl928 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook