View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 02:36 PM   #12
Blackbear
Honey Connoissuer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Blackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
You and I both know that there are folks out there who are more concerned about how they look, and whether they're going to win.
YOU might know this, but I don't... Maybe they are, maybe they are'nt... And Who's community are you talking about that this needs to be discussed in? Up my way they don't wear bustles traditionally and back home they don't either. And I'm dying to know how many people are actually suffering because they don't have a single feather to call their own. Not to mention that each nation has a different idea of what earning your feather(s) is, and if you had to go through the process for feathers with the eagle repository, then you might feel you earned them just for doing that.

The repository is'nt the US governments' way of regulating natives... but it is a way that was set up to get feathers to us. Think of it for a moment... if everyone was living on a reservation and you got feathers the old fashioned way, your area would be depleted of the birds in a just a couple of generations. Instead this program brings them to us from all over and the birds did'nt have to die in vain from being hit by cars or electrocution and poaching. Their bodies educate people on how to prevent their deaths better, land the assholes who kill them for sport or money in jail for very long periods of time and then distributed by first come first serve.

BTW.. I should mention that first come first serve is exactly it too.... so what if someone has put in for an eagle carcass 5x's??? At a MINIMUM of 4 years for a whole bird, that's twenty years that person had to wait for all five of his birds AND they probably are used by his entire family, because you have to be a certain age before you can put in for your bird as well. So if you got a youngster who's wanting to dance or needs his feathers for prayer, then he's gotta use what dad or mom puts in for until he's of age. And there may be more than one child in the family.