View Single Post
Old 01-29-2003, 03:46 PM   #12
BeadMan
Beadworker

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
BeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
bWhite,
Always a good bustle maker. As you remember from last summer the three of us (with W.H.) had slightly different methodology when it came to bustle construction. I'll offer a few variations when appropriate.

The step where you tie the tape, ribbon, or horse hair to the tip I save for later. It always gets tangled in my arm when I wrap the feathers on. I make sure to leave about 1 1/2-2" of spike at the end (it is hidden by the hackles) and tie the streamers on later, by pulling the hackles out of the way. I know some Okla. Guys that do this too.

And a clarification: What type of cord or string are you using to tie the streamers and hackles on with? I use cotton crochet thread, it comes in bright colors that can contrast with the hackles and spikes. (use the same color as the hackles on the outer rows to blend in better)
BeadMan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook