View Single Post
Old 08-31-2008, 10:32 PM   #21
PrairieTX
Junior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
PrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_miss View Post
The school I attended pretty much said the same thing as the Needville ISD did. Our tribe and the school district took it to court where much later, it was decided that the native students could keep their hair length.

If it was researched more, I'm sure the family can reiterate the same beliefs as the ones my tribe did over 20 years ago.
I agree...I'm sure there are a number of previous cases that the parents can use to help win the case. My brother went through something similar on the football team in FL. The coach insisted he cut his hair and my mom refused and said if you want him to play he'll play just like he is or he wont play. Needless to say...he played with long hair.

I also agree with the girl vs boy distinction. I think that arguement along with other cases that have been won can help win this case.
PrairieTX is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook