View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 04:05 PM   #7
Blackbear
Honey Connoissuer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Blackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
A DC Lawyer I know was talking about this in another forum and said I could quote what she had to say.. but I'm leaving out her name for privacy reasons. I'm sure she does'nt want her name plastered all over the web like that Killkenny woman from Wasilla... WHO btw, never meant for that letter to go public like it did. People left out the part where she wrote, please do not forward this on..... Anyhow here is what my friend had to say about McCain and Native Americans... she's a Native herself.

Quote:
I don't get who on earth would think Obama has done more for native rights than McCain. If elected--McCain would be one of the very few presidents--maybe the ONLY one to really understand Indian law/ sovereignty issues. Believe me--he knows all the issues in Indian country as he served on the Senate Committee for Indian affairs for years and years.He was chairman, vice chairman and just a member for years--But such committees do not have loads of members--maybe 10-15 senators on this committee--So each has to know the issues. McCain's constittuency includes the Hopi , the navajo, the Pima White , the Havasupi, just to name a few.
Most tribes when I was there really like him. The main point is unlike Obama from Chicago, McCain has been dealing with federal tribes from his state of Arizona as long as he has been in office. He gets the issues. He is pro- lumbee fed. recognition. If you listened to the hearings, he was very vocal proponent for the Lumbee at the hearing. I would NOT be surprised if he is elected president if he does recognize the Lumbee via excutive order. He really likes natives and unlike Obama, no one would have to educate him on what tribal sov. is , etc. McCain already gets it b/c he has had successful relationships with the Arizona tribes for many years. Anyone who would pick Obama over McCain on Indian affairs????They would really have to explain to me what they are talking about b/c McCain has shown himself to be a friend to tribes. If he were not--his state tribes would not like him so much.

Last edited by Blackbear; 09-16-2008 at 04:09 PM.. Reason: she also said to correct her mistypes LOL... bad spelling and punctuation
Blackbear is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook