View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008, 06:40 AM   #34
ponca49king
PONCA49KING

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
ponca49king has a brilliant futureponca49king has a brilliant futureponca49king has a brilliant futureponca49king has a brilliant futureponca49king has a brilliant futureponca49king has a brilliant futureponca49king has a brilliant futureponca49king has a brilliant futureponca49king has a brilliant future
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
My dad told me....

2008 tonkawa powwow i wore my otter cap during contest night.my dad passed it down to me during ponca powwow "07".he gave me the whole speech about the meaning of the two feathers that we wear on top of the otter cap.about how we were chief decendants from ponca chief "bigelk".he also mentioned that that this was the original head dress for the ponca straight.i was proud of it and never wore it during contests.i only wore it when i would dance at the ponca hethoska.but! I wanted to show it off,and decided to wear it during contest night.during the contest one my two feathers on my otter cap came loose and was hanging on for dear life.i didnt even know it,but my whole family knew and everyone was holding there breaths threw the whole song.after the powwow was over my dad told me to sit down.he said your very lucky nothing happened to you tonight.that otter cap is something you should only wear during the hethoska.thats a head dress for chiefs its got alotta meaning when you wear that.it wasnt meant to be in contests its something you wear only around the hethoska or social.its not meant to be in contests!
ponca49king is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook