View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008, 07:51 PM   #9
LSS
Taskahoi Atsuti

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
LSS has a reputation beyond repute
LSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoMe View Post
Equally as frequent as I see the older head singers.

How young is young?
I think a fair analogy would be that I am young and you're old j/k All jokes aside though...even age may not be a good account of one's experience around the drum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalstraight View Post
I understand what you say about the kiddie table.

I think it may kinda depend on where you go. Urban areas or big inter-tribal powwos I think tend to have more recent songs than when you are at a powwow put on by one tribe. Fewer people speak the languages, and you have drums that are made up of multiple tribes.

I can think of a couple of prime examples of songs that aren't sung that often in inter-tribal company, mostly because they speak about the attributes of members of another tribe.

At the same time though I have seen drums that sing maybe 75% 'new stuff' (as in the person who composed the song is still alive) but the rest of their songs are oooollllddddd (like so old elders come up and say "I haven't heard that song since I was little).

Some of the new songs are good- I know one drum that has a fantastic P.O.W./M.I.A. song that was composed by them. Other times, it sounds like the second day of '49ing.

And I have seen at least a half dozen head singers younger than me, and I ain't got no grey yet and my pot belly is still smaller than the tire on my car. And those guys were goood.

Yeah...hair might be a clue but there is nothing exact about it...lol. I took my hair down and the gray is starting to show. I was like WOA!!!
To get a true picture of your purpose in life, you only get the whole picture when you listen with your mind, your ears and your heart. This way The Creator has a direct connection with you and only you...no outside interference.

When you follow the will of IT that created you, understanding that your purpose is not for you...but for IT and all that IT has created, there can be no wrong except failure to be obedient. Only then do we jeopardize the gifts we are given.

Its not the final destination that defines us, rather the journey taken!
LSS is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook