View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 03:02 PM   #13
tsuj510
Teen Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
tsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoMe View Post
A veteran's group in my area recently formed a new gourd dance society.

One of the members does not think it is right because they are not from gourd dancing tribes and he believes that they do not know what they are doing. He has brought this to my attention.

Recently, I got a call from one of their leaders. I think he wants to talk about this gourd society.

If you were me, what you say to him?
This is a tricky one. Perhaps this would help; its not the same scenario, but it kind of boils down to the same situation.

I was recently asked to lead the Singing portion of a Memorial Service for a Native Person who walked on out East. I was told by one of the organizers that they planned to have me sing in a situation that is very far outside the norm insofar as traditon is concerned. I prayed on this for a time and the answer I got was clear. I had to respectfully decline the invite.

As my Daddy used to say, "Be it big or be it small, do it the RIGHT way, or not at all."

Give it some time and the answer will present itself. Hang in there!

Last edited by tsuj510; 10-01-2008 at 08:13 PM.. Reason: 'Cause I dont want to sound bad...
tsuj510 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook