View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 08:17 AM   #72
Josiah
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe G View Post
The Yankees ARE baseball! At least in the American league. This past year, one of the announcers was saying how in his opinion, Mariano Rivera is in the top 5 Yankees, all time. Normally, on any other team, no argument with this first ballot greatest of all playoff/world series closers. But think about it, Hmm top 5 Yankees....well, lemme see, how about Babe Ruth (the house that Ruth built...no need to say more) Lou Gehrig, Mickey Mantle, Joe DiMaggio, Yogi Berra, Whitey Ford, Roger Maris, Phil Risotto, Ron Guidry, Don Mattingly, etc. etc. etc. Their tradition just can't be matched.
I agree but looking over those names most are from an era of long ago

They dont grow them up in the Farm System anymore
I think the Yankees have paid a terrible price for the success
What have they done in the last 8 years???

They have gone out and overpaid for supposed talent
Alex Rodriguez
Kaz Matsiu
Roger Clemens (the 2nd time)
Andy Petite (the 2nd time)
Jason Giambi

on and on

During this same time period
Arizona Diamondbacks 2001 Beat the Yankees
They did not have a 200 million salary
Angels 2002
Marlins 2003
Redsocks 2004
Whitesocks 2005
Cardinals 2006
Redsocks 2007
Phillies 2008

With the exception of the RedSocks none of these teams are in the top 5 for salary
Certainly the Cardinals who are famous for not paying anything more than what the player is actually worth could have won 2 series

Do we have a trend here???
That it takes a Team of decent Talent playing together as a team and not a bunch of hired guns??????????
The Redsocks and the Yankees in 2008 spent more money combined than most of the teams and yet it was Tampa Bay that went to the World Series
Now that is what I call KARMA!!!

Last edited by Josiah; 12-27-2008 at 08:19 AM..
Josiah is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook