View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 03:09 AM   #1
Bodica
Junior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Bodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond repute
Bodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Does anyone know where I can get non-yellow corn?

I recently watched an independent documentary called "King Corn" on PBS; and found out some pretty disturbing things about the U.S. corn industry.
Among other things, I found out that over 90% of all the corn grown and sold in the U.S. is yellow corn.
And almost all of that, is a single strain, which has been genetically modified, and mis-bred for years, in order to have a bigger and bigger outside, so that the inside of the kernal (which is the nurishing part) is very tiny. Also, they sacrificed the natural nutritional qualites of it, in favor of things like making it more yellow, and making it more sweet.
Apparently, modern corn in the U.S. has almost no nutritional value whatsoever.
And I'm not even talking about the pesticides they spray it with.
I found out that the good varieties of corn, are blue, red, bi-colored, and muilti-colored.
It's not very hard to get blue-corn tortilla chips, but finding a place that sells the actual blue corn itself, is next to impossible in the U.S.
Does anyone here know a place in the U.S. that sells non-yellow corn (prefferably blue)?

Last edited by Bodica; 02-17-2009 at 02:32 AM..
Bodica is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook