View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 10:26 AM   #100
SuzzeQ4
Senior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
SuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond repute
SuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
Oh, they knew (in general).

Typically, they just became aware that they could get a Fed-sanctioned card that validates their claims.

To them, and many, the card is what actually makes you Native.

BOGUS.

But, if we didn't have cards, folks couldn't wield them as swords, claim discrimination, base their income by making crafts deemed from a protected class, and/or be threatened because some guy who is 1/256 of some tribe decided to have a Sun Dance at the KOA.

CDIB's are like tattoos Jews wore at concentration camps, except we've bought into the idea that we must have them. As such, so has John Q.

"Just found out I'm Indian," means, "Just found out I can get a card."
Benn thinking about this Zeke.
I had assumed it was more like "just found out" means "Just found the wannabe way" I think both situations could be correct...and even at the same time. The instance you mention leaves a bit more of a rotton taste in the mouth.
SuzzeQ4 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook