Thread: Tipi Insurance
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 03:04 AM   #15
tsuj510
Teen Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
tsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Specialty Insurance Companies

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelemagnolia63 View Post
I called my insurance company and asked about a rider to cover Jim and my regalia and other treasured items that reflect our native hertiage. The lady says that she'll get back to me about the rider in the next couple of days with the limits that it will cover, after I get her a list with the costs to aquire the items, the current value, the replacement cost and so on.

Now I have to ask how do you put a price on things like your treasured feathers, a piece of beadwork that was a gift from a dear grandmother, or you long hours put in on beading your dresses? I can give them a material cost for my buckskins and I can figure how many hours that I have in the work on them, but how can put a price on the sentinmental value of my skins, or my reproduction of a outfit that my grandmother wore in the early 1900's? How do I put a value on the head piece that my husband gave me for our anniversary?? I am sitting here trying to figure all that out. how do I put a price on the pipestone and the stone that Jim brought home from one of his trips out west that means so much to the both of us? The insurance company is never going to understand that these items are priceless to us.
Wasn't it Lloyd of London that used to insure anything?

Maybe they could help.

I think I know that tipi insurance guy. He used to sell the freshmen hall passes in high school.....