View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 03:47 PM   #4
Kamama
Fancy Shawl Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Kamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond repute
Kamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond reputeKamama has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalstraight View Post
You usually make frybread or bannock? (and I dont wanna hear that they are the same thing, they aren't)

For bannock or gillette its pretty easy, ya you just add the punkin mix in.

For frybread you have to reduce the amount of liquid you use to accomodate for the moistness of the pumpkin mix(not sure on the math though).
Do not try to do it with real pumpkin, yuckkk.
Frybread - Ive never even attempted to make bannock, wouldnt know where to start. I've eaten it a couple times, but, thats about it. I made an attempt at making the pumpkin fry bread a while back, and it wasnt BAD - but, it wasnt what I was hopeing for either. I used the can pumkin mix, and, it smelled good, tasted o.k., but, it was a little on the dry side. I'll have to make another attempt at it sometime soon.
The kind Im use to having, the batter looked almost like a cookie dough constistency, if not a little wetter. I dunno. Not sure if and when I'll get to see the yummy nummy orange pumkin frybread maker from Maryland again. Dang, now I gotta craving. Oh well, going out for Chinese food soon....meow.