View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 01:04 PM   #57
skybird5
sentient being

Items Treasure Chest
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
skybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by sltate View Post
My daughter won the jr. adult southern cloth....and when i looked at the winners in that category, they were all old school cloth dancers. no rhinestones, just beadwork and nice ribbonwork dresses. And except for ponkawe, they all had just fully beaded moccasins on with their skirts, no leggings or anything fancy. Poncas and otoes won that one. Those same girls you will see at WhiteEagle, Otoe, just about any oklahoma pow wow......And in mine, it was old school for the first three places. Cheryl, then me, then amber...and we are all from back in the day...lol....
Well, there were 5 places in each category, and I get whats being said about the first 3 places in the categories that you named, I think winners means ALL the dancers who placed in that category. Last time I checked, Rashawn Morgan wasn't Ponca or Otoe-(NO OFFENSE Rashawn!!!), AND she's a jingle dress dancer usually, LOL. So, I wouldn't exactly say "all old school cloth dancers".

But I also meant Jr. Men's southern straight, Jr. Women's Fancy, Jr. Women's Buckskin, Jr. Men's southern fancy. I didn't really mean women's southern cloth Jr or Sr. winners were strange, except I don't remember Leah tying with Sharon? I thought Leah tied with someone else.

My point was, that the winners were just not what's usually expected and I believe it can be attributed to the judges that were used.
skybird5 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook