View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 02:54 AM   #35
skybird5
sentient being

Items Treasure Chest
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
skybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahookos View Post
Like Simon on American Idol would say: "the sound was so horrible that I couldn't wait for it all to end"!

What was the committee thinking when they hired the white boyz who had no clue what they were doing? It just put a whole lot of bad taste in my mouth trying to listen to what was going on. Poor MCs were given no justice for their brilliant speaking abilities with the totally inadequate and inexperienced audio engineers. Its unbearable to comprehend what the singers had to deal with and most importantly the dancers who came hundreds and thousands of miles to a first class facility and dang couldn't stand the audio. And all that for $12.00 a person!

The good points were the fantastic stadium, more than enough parking, and the wonderful weather!
I honestly don't think the sound guys were at fault in this situation, i believe it was the acoustics of the stadium. It was made for thousands and thousands of LOUD people to make noise and still hear the announcers of sporting events. Thus the sound went straight up and disappeared in the rafters of the stadium, and the reverb from the drum just hit the empty walls and chairs and bounced back into the arena. It really was awful, I felt quite bad for the dancers on the far side of the arena because they couldnt' hear which beat to dance on.

After attending the powwow from start to finish-3pm on Friday til 9:30pm on sunday (UGGG, LONG STORY!!!) there were lots of issues with the facility, the sound being one of the biggest things. The parking was great because it was free and there was ALOT of it. Overall though, good idea, bad place to have a pow wow, the stadium was just TOO big. There were almost no spectators today, I finally made it to the food vendors outside this afternoon about 3pm and it was like a ghost town. Just a handful of people inside-dancers, singers and their family. I think the fees were just too much for most people.

I did stay til the bitter end just to hear the winners SO, I'll post them next!
skybird5 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook