View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 03:28 PM   #52
skybird5
sentient being

Items Treasure Chest
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
skybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
The payout was ALOT-the amounts are listed on the nabihoops.com website, but I"ll post it here, $1100, $700, $500, $300 and $200. Five places in all categories, 42 categories including jrs and teens.

About the drum thing-it wasn't the first 16 drums to set up...

As my post said, when I arrived on site at 3:00pm, I was told that Drum registration was closed after the first 11 drums registered that morning at 10am-I thought it was because they only had day money for 11 drums so I asked and was told it was the decision of the AD Larry Yazzie, so I asked him why only 11 drums allowed and he said, "Because I already set up the chairs for just 11 drums". REALLY. I'm not kidding. I was kind of stunned because there were drums and singers just pulling in who just wanted to sing, they didn't care about the drum money at all. Then about an hour later, he let another drum set up because "We only have 4 southern drums anyway". In the long time I've been pow wowing, that's probably the first time I've heard singers who wanted to sing for free, turned away AND the first time it was the sole decision of one just one of two Arena Director's.

I do believe there were drums from far away who pulled in Friday afternoon and were told they couldn't set up. For the most part, the drums who did get to set up were very local to the PHX area and it would have been nice to hear some drums from other places.
skybird5 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook