View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 03:16 AM   #55073
Bodica
Junior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Bodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond repute
Bodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond reputeBodica has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post
Mine are trashcan babies. 6 were put in a paper bag to go to the trash. Then they were headed to the Humane Society to be euthanized. One has since gone to the other side. We got em when they were 8 days old. Fat Kitty was found outside a store. Willy Bighead and two siblings were found by a dumpster in a box. They were 5 days old. Found homes for 2 of them. I tell Willy he was too ugly and nobody wanted him. He's handsome now!

We're trash can babies! LOL

I win!
People like that are sick.
Throwing away unwanted kittens & puppies like that, is just plain evil.
People who adopt a cat or dog should be required by law to have it spayed or nuetured, unless they're speciffically planning on usung it for breeding purposes.
My kitties were also unwanteds.
Whe I was a kid, we used to have some nieghbors who lived across the street from us, who had a cat.
They never spayed her or even took her to the vet (even though they could have afforded it).
She lived to be at least 15.
So every year she would have at least one litter of kittens.
For awhile, their youngest daughter used to play with her, then she got bored with the cat, & started ignoring her.
My sister and I loved her.
My sister was friends with this girl, so we used to go over there all the time & see her cat.
Missy (their cat) used to have her litters at their house.
But after she figured out that they didn't really care about her, and that every time she came over to our house, she got lots of good food and attention, she decided that she'd rather live with us.
So she sarted having her litters at our house.
Our parents were not pleased about this, but eventually came to tolerate her (though they insissted that she stay outside).
We asked our parents a number of times, why we couldn't just take her to the vet ourselves and have her spayed, as her owners clearly didn't care about her.
Our parents replied that her owners might sue us.
Whenever she had a litter, we were thrilled.
We would take care of them until they were old enough to be adopted, then we'd put up signs all over the subdivision saying "free kittens".
They were almost always adopted, but sometimes we couldn't find one a home, so we kept it (our family didn't believe in killing an animal simply because it was inconvienient; and we didn't know about no-kill animal shelters back then).
I still have three of her daughters.
They're all from different litters (though I'm pretty sure two of them have the same father).
Until recently, it was four, but one of the sisters died under anathesia durring surgery two years ago.
They moved out years ago, but ironically, a family with two half-grown kittens of their own, recently moved into their old house.
Soon after my cat died, one of their cats decided that she wanted to be my cat, so she is, now.
She is the cutest, sweetest thing.
I named her Satan.