View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 12:38 PM   #40
Wojapi4Me
Kili!

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Wojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond reputeWojapi4Me has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDNQt View Post
Beeleaf, Sorry I hadn't responded, I hadn't looked at this thread since I posted before. We don't ask for CDIB cards just tribal cards. An example of what happens around here - I carded this man (who years ago said he wasn't Native and now he says he is) and he gave me some association card from California. I told him association cards don't mean you are Indian and besides that if he was going to try and claim my daddy's tribe he needed learn how to spell it. The name is Chickahominy and he had an "e" in there!
Tons of pow wows in NC and VA card, but they don't ask for CDIBs because 90% of the dancers there don't have them....just state-recognized cards. These are the same dancers who came to Cherokee, NC when they were requiring federal cards and complained about discrimination. LOL Kinda doesn't make sense...sort of like saying 'discrimination sucks unless I can do the discriminating'.

Carded pow wows are dumb...like someone else said, the yahoos aren't going to win anyways so what is everyone afraid of? I do think though that if pow wows are going to card, it should be on the flyer so people know the skinny before they travel because like WhoMe...not everyone always carries it with them.