View Single Post
Old 12-11-2001, 06:30 PM   #5
bwhite
Teen Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
bwhite has a reputation beyond reputebwhite has a reputation beyond reputebwhite has a reputation beyond reputebwhite has a reputation beyond reputebwhite has a reputation beyond reputebwhite has a reputation beyond reputebwhite has a reputation beyond reputebwhite has a reputation beyond reputebwhite has a reputation beyond reputebwhite has a reputation beyond reputebwhite has a reputation beyond reputebwhite has a reputation beyond reputebwhite has a reputation beyond reputebwhite has a reputation beyond reputebwhite has a reputation beyond reputebwhite has a reputation beyond reputebwhite has a reputation beyond reputebwhite has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Tuscaroran,

This is a good question. I was hoping to get see some posts. Singerdad is right in saying that the distinctions have definitely become blurry. The eagle bustles are not specifically northern or southern. Neither are the hackle bustles.

As all dance styles, the outfits evolve and change over time. However, with fancy, it seems to change faster. The eagle bustles were worn in older fancy outfits and have made a comeback. I think they add a very clean and unique look to the outfit.

The southern outfits typically have lots of loom beadwork. The belt and harness set especially. You see a lot of lazy stitch beadwork on northern outfits. However, that is not necessarily the rule either.

Now, it really does seem like it boils down to the music you prefer. Southern songs really get moving and dancers use that "quarterhorse" with really fast and fancy footwork.

Northern songs really rock also.

These are just some of my observations. Please, any input or comments/corrections and the like are appreciated.

Hope that helps. It should be clear as mud right now. :)
bwhite is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook