View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 12:30 AM   #7
Gaia Sis
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Gaia Sis is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Well Kiyaanii Mom, I do not believe I have confused religion with spirituality as it really is the purpose of keeping religion our of what is suppose to be spiritual for those of many religions or not that instigated my asking the original question.

Powwows typically have been a very powerful spiritual experience for me. That previous experience was at powwows in Colorado. I enjoyed the Grand Entry of those tremendously which included prayers oftentimes in an Indigenous American language. On one occasion the Mayor of the town said the prayer, yet it stayed true to a spiritual focus without her religion intruding. I never found them to be religious in orientation, but they were spiritual.

I didnít object to a prayer ~ I expected one. I just didnít expect one that was so focused on the individualís religious beliefs. The prayer was suppose to have been focused on those who risk their lives to save others ~ as it was on 9/11. Instead the prayer espoused or preached Creationism.

Finally Kiyaanii, many peoples of the Earth who live their lives focused on nature define the spirits of their worlds in a gender perspective ~ duality, yin/yang, mother/father, god/goddess. If Mother Earth and Father Sky are to be spoken of, I would hope they are respected as such at that particular prayer and leave the ĎGodí to his very dominate realm.
Gaia Sis is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook