Thread: Prayer
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 01:19 PM   #13
WhoMe
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaia Sis View Post
Powwows typically have been a very powerful spiritual experience for me. That previous experience was at powwows in Colorado. I enjoyed the Grand Entry of those tremendously which included prayers oftentimes in an Indigenous American language. ealm.

Gaia,

So if people don't pray the way you pray, it's wrong? Hmmmmmm?

Two year's ago at Denver March (Colorado), my dad and I went through the "cedaring off ceremony" done in the style of the Native American Church. This was done on the Thursday before the powwow started, in the Denver Collesium and was open to all. We both respect Native ways and have been invited to ceremony from many, many different Indigenous nations in Canada, the United States and South America.

Throughout the rest of the powwow, my father was honored to be asked by the commiittee to say a prayer preceding each grand entry. Even though he speaks his trubal language, he prayed in English so that all listening could understand his words to the Creator. At the end of each prayer, he said, 'In the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

Traditional Native people who were attending the Denver March Powwow came up and thanked him for his prayers.

Why is praying an issue with you?