Thread: Prayer
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 12:25 AM   #21
CHEROSAGE
cherosage

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
CHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond repute
CHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
I, too, would like to consider myself a Christian whether a good one or not. I do follow many of our traditional ways as an NDN. I can NOT unserstand why we are limited to only one little piece of the pie. Why can't we have the whole pie. This limiting is a European "White folks" method of limiting God to a small role. I personally believe Our God is much bigger than You are limiting the Creator. I can smudge, Sweat, use my Eagle and cedar/sage along with a prayer as I use the Name of Jesus Christ in the Prayer. I will occassionally lead a stomp dance, I Gourd dance, I am an InLonshska society for Pawhuska, I am a Veteran who honors God that our Warriors can honor God wether or not we return home in one piece.

IF, you have a problem with beling preached to in any Language, I recommend that you never go to an Osage, Cherokee, Kiowa etc event whe an honored Elder is requested to speak to God for us whether in our language and/or in English.

I guess I have said all of this to say why are YOU limiting God and everyone elses ways of honoring our God? Most of all I need to say Thank you God for allowing me and my family for being NDN and not limiting God or putting God in a box.