View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 02:46 PM   #174
RDNKJ
Lion of Judah

Items Elephant$DevilSword
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Annie_Griffin - thank you. Good for your friend and her helping people with their addiction issues. Dealing with addicts can be a very thankless task.

TKMJ Productions - A reasonable and fairly common attitude.

I'm curious, though (and this is directed to anyone/everyone - not just TKMJ Productions) what you consider to be "flaunting it."

I ask, because I've found that a lot of people's definitions of "flaunting" are the same actions that they themselves take everyday. Here are three examples people have given me over the years as "gays flaunting it:"

1. Having a picture of their partner on their desk.
2. Wearing a "wedding" ring (when everyone knows you're not married).
3. Sitting next to, rather than across from, each other in a restaurant booth.

Flaunting? Or just going about your life like everyone else? What is the dividing line between "flaunting your homosexuality" and "acting like any straight couple"?

I'm not sure what you mean by "using the issue to achieve a goal" though.

Apukji'j - That's interesting. Since the term "two spirit" is not used outside of the context of Mi'kmaq religion - is there another "everyday" term that people use to mean GLBT? (There's that word-geek in me again!)
RDNKJ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook