Thread: Simplify?
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 08:50 PM   #6
BeadinGranny
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
BeadinGranny has a reputation beyond reputeBeadinGranny has a reputation beyond reputeBeadinGranny has a reputation beyond reputeBeadinGranny has a reputation beyond reputeBeadinGranny has a reputation beyond reputeBeadinGranny has a reputation beyond reputeBeadinGranny has a reputation beyond reputeBeadinGranny has a reputation beyond reputeBeadinGranny has a reputation beyond reputeBeadinGranny has a reputation beyond reputeBeadinGranny has a reputation beyond reputeBeadinGranny has a reputation beyond reputeBeadinGranny has a reputation beyond reputeBeadinGranny has a reputation beyond reputeBeadinGranny has a reputation beyond reputeBeadinGranny has a reputation beyond reputeBeadinGranny has a reputation beyond reputeBeadinGranny has a reputation beyond reputeBeadinGranny has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
I'd just like to be able to see the forum posts all in one place without ads everywhere. I realize ads are 80% of your revenue, but this is the only forum I've ever seen where the ads take over everything. It used to be just a simple forum. And it was easy to find the galleries for the members so we could see everyone's work. Now when I click on Galleries from the menu, it takes me somewhere else that I have to join----that I don't want to join---in order to see them.

In response to "we don't have as many ads as some other forums", I can just respond : "if everyone else jumped off a cliff, would you do it, too, just because they did?

Here we have ads across the top, ads all down the side, and every other post there's an ad in the forum threads. I have super-fast internet and it still takes awhile for pages to load, there's so much "stuff" going on.

Sometimes I click on a link here that I think is going to take me somewhere within Powwows.com and I end up on totally another site.

By the way, I did take the survey before I started this thread. And it's very difficult to explain what I mean when the things that have bothered and totally frustrated me just happen totally at random, it seems. If I don't know how it happened, then I can't explain it to you.

In a nutshell, I used to come for the forums and I loved it. Now it's like the forum is just squeezed out. It's hard to find what I want among all the ads, there isn't much action there anymore because of that, and I just think it's a shame. If you have to have all the ads, can't you at least keep them out of the threads? I'm starting to think you should just dispense with the forum altogether since it's being strangled to death anyway. But then if you lose the forum, you'll probably lose your "frequent fliers" who frequent the site as much as they always have to take part in them.

Here's a site that's a good example of a forum that isn't strangled:

Aeclectic Tarot Forum

and another one:

The largest Message Boards and Forums on the web!

and another one:

BeadBanter.com: Welcome to the Pittsburgh Area's Best and Busiest Beading Discussion Forum.

I don't mean on your portal page--the front page---I mean the forum where the threads are.

Last edited by BeadinGranny; 01-07-2010 at 09:07 PM..
BeadinGranny is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook