Thread: Simplify?
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 11:55 PM   #12
Paul G
Webmaster

Items PresentUser Name Style ChangeSteal PointsCake
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeadinGranny View Post
There were some links in my last post, Paul. They were down at the bottom.
No there are not ads in the last thing you posted.

I'm not sure what you are seeing but there is not an ad in your last post.

Quote:
I also clicked on New Posts, thinking maybe that's where I'd find the most activity going on in the forum and there were only five posts. I think there would be lots and lots more if there weren't ads in between posts in the threads.
That link shows you the news posts since the last time your visited. You were just on about an hour ago. So 5 posts at this time of night is pretty good!

Quote:
I'm not meaning to seem to exaggerate. There are ads in some threads that are spaced out only by two or three posts. Is there possibly a paid subscription that doesn't have so many?
There is an ad after the first post and one after the last post. When there are only 2 or there posts, it may seem that there are. But look at this thread. Just 1 after the first one and one at the end.

Quote:
I did find (by accident) that if I click on the word Shops there's a drop-down menu where I can find the photos of what members have made in the way of beadwork, etc. so that's a help for me.
Sounds like you may need to explore our whole site some more. All the menus at the top have drop downs with tons of links. Take a look at them!

Quote:
Once you go to those links I gave you, that will tell you what I mean better than I seem to be able to. Let me know if those links are a help to you.
I look at them. There are tons of forums on the net. And most don't have any ads. But remember, PowWows.com does more than just a forums - live webcasts, photos, videos, radio, etc. All of that takes $! We have to have ads.

Quote:
I love powwows.com, Paul. Don't get me wrong. I've been coming here a long time. Even before I was beadingranny, but I had surgery and wasn't online for a long time so I forgot my login info and had to make another account. I think you do a fantastic job here and I love the site. All I really hope for is more ease in navigating and a less cluttered forum.
If you have problems like that, email me I can fix it so you can get into your other account. You'd be surprised how many times I hear that! Just send me a message! Lots of people stop coming because they forgot their password. Email me!

This upgrade we are working on, we hope will simplify things. We'll see!

Last edited by Paul G; 01-08-2010 at 12:01 AM..
Paul G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook