View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 04:40 PM   #97
Ndnsoldierboy
It is useless to resist.

Items ElephantDevilPresentGuitar
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlightdancer View Post
My grandfather was in WWII and reading this thread made me think of him and it brought a smile to my face. He carried with him, all across Europe and Africa, a Nazi cigarette case. He was special services and was often asked to detain and interrogate suspects. He took the case off of a Nazi soldier because it had Lucky Strikes in it, which meant he stole them off of an American soldier. He took that case home with him and when he passed on he left it to me. It still has the cigarettes in it, nine of them. I'm not sure what it's worth today but it is safely tucked away, will never be sold for ANY money, and will be passed down to my daughter. I just hope that I can do his story justice. I also have pictures of him dressed in a Nazi uniform to go undercover, in a turban, with an Ethiopian tribe, in Egypt at the Sphinx, and money from every country he was in.

Those of you serving are never forgotten, nor are your brothers in arms who have made the ultimate sacrifice. I think of you all every day, as someone who has family and friends in the service. You're in our prayers, always.
Thanks for sharing...

R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Ndnsoldierboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook