Old 01-24-2010, 04:19 PM   #43
Lalloona
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Lalloona is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
A few questions

First a little back story...Polly Tomberlin born 1798 VA and George Dowell 1789 Tennessee are my 4th great grandparents. The handwritten Bible/Family records for them say that Polly was of Cherokee Nation although it does not say exact amount. Records on these two are very hard to come by. I have two pictures of her and I am not sure if this info is true. She is darker then average for the time and has jewelry that the say is Native American on ( in both photos i have). I know that I can never prove or dis prove this and I am fine with that I am not trying to get enrolled or anything to that affect. I just want to know who and where I come from. If anyone would be willing to look at the pictures and give me there option ( I know that no one can be for sure).
On a side note if anyone knows where Ogrash Valley, Alabama (the spelling could be off) is I would be very grateful if they could tell me. A few of Polly and George's kids were born there according to the family record...however I can not locate this place as of yet. Thanks for taking the time to look this over. Heidi
Lalloona is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook