View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 11:59 AM   #9
Shawl Lady
Cloth Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Shawl Lady has a reputation beyond reputeShawl Lady has a reputation beyond reputeShawl Lady has a reputation beyond reputeShawl Lady has a reputation beyond reputeShawl Lady has a reputation beyond reputeShawl Lady has a reputation beyond reputeShawl Lady has a reputation beyond reputeShawl Lady has a reputation beyond reputeShawl Lady has a reputation beyond reputeShawl Lady has a reputation beyond reputeShawl Lady has a reputation beyond reputeShawl Lady has a reputation beyond reputeShawl Lady has a reputation beyond reputeShawl Lady has a reputation beyond reputeShawl Lady has a reputation beyond reputeShawl Lady has a reputation beyond repute
Location: So. Oregon river valley where salmon spawn, among forested mountains
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtbdave View Post
____
Yeah, a while after they said that, I said they are probably still dancing out in the parking lot. My daughter said, yeah, they are probably dancing on people's cars. Some dancers danced on her new car in the parking lot when we went to GON, a coupla years ago. There was moccasin prints all over the hood of her new car.

It was a pretty good show, the Native American dancers did a good job, it was something to see, but not like a real pow wow. Some of those pow wows get like 50-60 fancy dancers on the floor at one time, or even jingle dancers, or fancy shawl dancers. It's really a spectacular show when you get that many. Then you always have those champions, or winners, especially the dance offs. I think that one year a Canadian dancer won at the Red Earth, best overall dancer, best of pow wow. She was real tall, graceful, like a ballet dancer, sort of glided, or floated around the arena, probably the best fancy shawl dancer that I ever seen. Really brought the crowd to their feet.

I hope people noticed that at the opening ceremony, they didn't stand for the whole time, and there were Flags all over the place. Also, there was no invocation, that I noticed, maybe the moment of silence for the fallen Olympian, but if there had been one, or was one, it probably only lasted for a coupla minutes, maybe 5 minutes at the most, not an hour long sermon, that everyone had to stand for. It was very audience friendly, and courteous to the audience, I'm sure they all had a good time, and enjoyed the show, or the ceremony.
That is so cool. This was the best opening ceremony for the Olympic ever!