View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 10:05 PM   #14
WhoMe
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
There were three things that really impressed me about the opening ceremonies.

The first was the consultation with First Nations people to make it authentic. The designs in the lighting were real. The dancers were representive of the four directions of Canada. There was a good mix of traditional and powwow dancers.

Second were the drums that were given to audience members. They were light blue painted octagon hand drums that had Pacific Coast designs. Instead of applause, the audience beat on the drums to show their appreciation and enthusiasm.

Last was the dignity shown to the local Native community leaders. They were sitting in the VIP section along with other dignitaries. They were often seen throughout the duration of the show.

I applaude the stamina of those Native performers who danced the entire length of the performance. I saw my good friend Carol Melting Tallow giving it her all right to the very end!