View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 11:39 PM   #15
Shawl Lady
Cloth Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Shawl Lady has a reputation beyond reputeShawl Lady has a reputation beyond reputeShawl Lady has a reputation beyond reputeShawl Lady has a reputation beyond reputeShawl Lady has a reputation beyond reputeShawl Lady has a reputation beyond reputeShawl Lady has a reputation beyond reputeShawl Lady has a reputation beyond reputeShawl Lady has a reputation beyond reputeShawl Lady has a reputation beyond reputeShawl Lady has a reputation beyond reputeShawl Lady has a reputation beyond reputeShawl Lady has a reputation beyond reputeShawl Lady has a reputation beyond reputeShawl Lady has a reputation beyond reputeShawl Lady has a reputation beyond repute
Location: So. Oregon river valley where salmon spawn, among forested mountains
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Best Opening Ceremony!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eap7 View Post
I LOVED it! It truly was an amazing show that incorporated Native aspects throughout instead of a token "shake hands with the Indian dancers". The graphics were breathtaking, especially the bear constellation. I didn't know how Vancouver was going to even come close to the Chinese performance, but it was so completely different that it's hard to even compare. Congrats to all the First Nations who must be extremely proud to be Canadian today!
I agree with your comments. There was much media hype that this was to be a lower budget, low key ceremony. It shows that Canada got more BANG for its bucks than other countries have. I wish I had a video of it to watch again and again.