Thread: Would you.....
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 12:22 PM   #25
RDNKJ
Lion of Judah

Items Elephant$DevilSword
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits & Beans View Post
I think it's good there is feedback from both men and women. I have another question-all in the interest of keeping this topic going.

If you don't set standards or expectations and communicate these clearly to your significant other, can you really place all the blame on him/her for cheating?

Your thoughts?
I think in western society the default expectation is monogamy/fidelity so it shouldn't be necessary to overtly state that that is what is expected.

But...if there are problems in an relationship...they are rarely one-sided. Lack of communication in other areas can and does lead to infidelity. Is it "your fault" that your spouse cheats on you? No. But that doesn't mean that you didn't contribute to the situation.

That being said..."sex ain't love & love ain't sex," and (imo) sometimes monogamy/fidelity is over-rated and is elevated to the end-all and be-all of a relationship.

Just my thoughts.
RDNKJ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook