View Single Post
Old 12-20-2001, 10:48 AM   #3
Smokin' Ace
Arena Director

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Now this is a good discussion. I have been sitting back for years, watching dancers walk away from pow-wows with a hefty chunk in their pocket after a pow-wow. How did they dance so good to impress the judges and everyone else?? The drum sang a good good song for them - making them want to dance harder. That drum may number 7-15 people. The dancer gets $500.00. So does the drum. Does that make sense???

Pow-wow wooer - $2000??? That is gold considering what pow-wows pay on the East Coast. Most groups that I know of do not sing for the money - that is the truth - but travelling to pow-wows is expensive, especially if you have families travelling together.

It's still a touchy situation, because you want to attract the best dancers - and they want to dance with a good solid drum - so the drum sings hard all weekend - only to get the same amount to be split between an average of 10 people????

And this is not about singing for the money - so let's not go there. But if is about being fair to everyone.

Just adding my 2 cents worth.
Smokin' Ace is offline   Share with Facebook