View Single Post
Old 12-20-2001, 11:37 AM   #4
Mato Winyan
Lovin' life,

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Mato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Mato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Drum groups are under paid and really under appreciated for the most part. There is alot they are responsible for and not just the next song.
I have traveled with a drum group for going on seventeen years now and have seen alot of good meaning people just not thinking clearly on this matter.
I have seen some great feeds for the drum as I have also witnessed more often than not the famous or infamous "Mystery Stew" made with mystery meat. That isn't right. I have also seen on the other hand where the committee did not want to feed the drum at all.
Now on to the subject of accommodations!!??!! Some committees have said they cannot afford to provide even one motel room for the HOST drum. At one powwow we were offered free camping! This isn't right when they expect you to travel a couple states away for a three day powwow and then only want to pay you five to eight hundred dollars for the whole group plus backup singers. Some of these guys have to take off work to make this event.
No, we are not talking about singing for money. We are not even talking about breaking even at this point. we just like to go and have a good time and not go into debt to finance it.
Mato Winyan is offline   Share with Facebook