View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 09:22 PM   #5
AmigoKumeyaay
On The Rocks

Items ElephantTreasure ChestPresentPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
TT, thanks for that info and historical background. I was raised all over the globe, I saw a lot, but also missed a lot. As a kid I could not see a rational reason for the hatred around the U.S. but the "racial" issues still exist.

So, over the years working with people raised from all over, I can see the ingrained hatred from regions around the U.S., as well as people that join into that hatred.

On the Black Irish - since my dad was Irish of Viking Blood, we were told the Black Irish had blood from the Roman Army occupations of what is now U.K. Well, the natives of Ireland held back the Romans (not really Romans, but Roman Army conscripts from other Mediterranian peoples), but the dark-haired, dark-eyed Irish were thought to be of Roman lineage.

The Vikings certainly left their impact, so it was thought the "Romans" did the same.

On the Black Dutch - I've met many people that could fall into this "category", even some persons very close to me.

So, as I get to know people, and the subject conveniently comes up, many claim to have some connection to First Nations people, though many don't know which nation.

I can see why since those times were so hard, people went into "survival mode", calling yourself Black Dutch kept you out of problems back then.

Well, I hope America will become what we say we are, someday.