Thread: How do you...
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 10:49 AM   #16
dhaun113
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
dhaun113 has a reputation beyond reputedhaun113 has a reputation beyond reputedhaun113 has a reputation beyond reputedhaun113 has a reputation beyond reputedhaun113 has a reputation beyond reputedhaun113 has a reputation beyond reputedhaun113 has a reputation beyond reputedhaun113 has a reputation beyond reputedhaun113 has a reputation beyond reputedhaun113 has a reputation beyond reputedhaun113 has a reputation beyond reputedhaun113 has a reputation beyond reputedhaun113 has a reputation beyond reputedhaun113 has a reputation beyond reputedhaun113 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
maybe its not that the elders do not want to talk about it its just who they want to talk about it with and where. I recently started going to the tipi meetings and in there the elders will sit with you and talk about the old ways and why things are the way they are. at powwows though the information isn't as open as that. Maybe they are only talking to those that show they actually care to learn. I had dinner with the elders that brought me in as a straight dancer. They explained some things to me. Before I was dancing they would just tell me short snipet of something and then move on to a different subject. But when the saw that I wanted to be a straight dancer they took me aside and really explained things to me just as in the meetings. I can understand them not wanting to talk to those who only want to know for them moment. It seems it would be a waste but to spend your energy on those who really care would accomplishm much more.
dhaun113 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook