View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 11:49 AM   #4
Zeke
Self-Righteous Injun

Items Treasure ChestPresentTreasure ChestPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfBunn View Post
Leonard Peltier was offered CLEMENCY by president Bill Clinton when he was in power.
Prove that: it's not what either Clinton says, in his autobiography or the official record.

Quote:
Why is Peltier not walking free?
Because, free, he's just another brutish thug, not Nelson Mandela. Heck, he has a vested interest in remaining a martyr.

Quote:
The condition was that he made a claim of guilt.
I KNOW that's bull****, because there was never an offer.

Quote:
For some reason Leonard Peltier would not state that he was guilty of killing an armed man, while he knows full well people have long since been released after admitting that they were guilty of drowning babies in bathtubs and toilets.
Because it undermines his entire aura of false persecution, which destroys his martyrdom and eviscerates any reason of import. Plus, under actual scrutiny, he'll fall apart. You're aware that Peltier was a wanted felon before Pine Ridge ever occurred, right? That's why he ran.

Quote:
What would be his motive for wishing to spend the remainder of his adult life in jail where he receives worse treatment than other inmates of American prisons?
Because, for him (and others), eradication of the myth is more terrifying than a cell. From the cell, he has some (false) claim to righteousness, he can pretend that he is a man and a warrior, he doesn't have to face reality: that he's a murderer. Which is, of course, even if clemency had been formally offered in exchange for guilt -- and he IS guilty -- why he could never accept.

Peltier, and his defenders, have so much money and reputation on the line that their survival depends on keeping the myths of his innocence alive...(and keeping him in prison!)

Quote:
Historically not all stands made against an oppressor has benefited the oppressed.
Then it is illogical and wasteful to make them. Don't pretend Leonard is Leonidas, he's not. He was a brutish, boorish, violent, drunken THUG before any of this, ever, happened. If he were innocent, and he is not, I, were I you, wouldn't be canonizing him due to a NON act: he had plenty to be scorned for, previously.

Quote:
And Zeke, if you are pissed-off because you feel that the American Indian Movement has "set you back", I have no more words for you other than, goodbye.
I'm not angry, I just deal in reality. AIM set us all back, their violence and short-sighted rhetoric created a backlash that reverberates to this day. Of course, that may not matter to people who have invested their lives and reputations in perpetrating fraud and a cottage industry in Peltier, or tilting at windmills for self-aggrandizement, but it is true.

I challenge -- challenge -- you to find a single Native whom AIM has effectively helped. Not a Nation, tribe or community, but a single person: besides, well, AIM.

And don't give me any of that reflexive bull****, either. You know, crap like:

1. They fought for the oppressed! (Why were they oppressed? AIM.)
2. They protected those in danger. (Why were they in danger? AIM.)
3. They got our story out! (Whose story did they get out? Oh, yeah: AIM.)
4. But we were at war! (Why were we "at war?" Do the math? AIM.)

To wit, Wounded Knee II started as a power struggle between Russell Means and AIM against the Oglala Sioux Tribal Council and its duly elected chairman, Richard Wilson. The FBI had to restrain Wilson from taking care of AIM insurgents on his own terms in order to prevent bloodshed. In sum, the FBI actually protected AIM insurgents from Native Americans who, justifiably, wanted to take back their reservation.

Oh yeah, those AIM-folk are to be praised...

I suspect I won't be hearing more out of you?

Last edited by Zeke; 04-22-2010 at 11:51 AM..
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook