View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 12:15 AM   #8
AmigoKumeyaay
On The Rocks

Items ElephantTreasure ChestPresentPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Sinéad O`Connor
Sinéad O`Connor Pictures

Sinead O'Connor and Matthew Broderick are those "Black Irish", and short! Yes, there is the myth about Iberian blood from the "Spanish Armada" but.... genetics show more of a connection with genepools from the northern Galicia region of Spain, or the Basques.

Then, there were the Viking raiders, and their legacy....

I was typical U.S. military kid, born on foreign soil, raised around the world away from blood relatives, away from a hometown. Only met my great-grandparents a couple of times, I remember their accents, their faces, that's it.
Not much of an Irish upbringing for me, never lived near Irish communities.

So, I've been working along the southern border for the last 25 years. Once, a Mexican gentlemen stopped to talk with me, he saw my uniform nametag, and he whipped out his border crossing document with the same Irish last name!

During the U.S./Mexico war, many Irish Catholics left U.S. conscription and sided with Mexico, they were known as Los San Patricios (the St. Patricks) and treated like heros.

After the U.S. victory over Mexico, U.S. military hunted down those Irish and executed them. They became famous martyrs for Mexico, they left many widows...and kids.

So here we are talking about the Irish on pws dot com!

Well, if claiming to be Black Irish kept people from being marched off to Indian Territory / Oklahoma, then maybe we were good for something! LOL

"May your home always be too small to hold all of your friends."
AmigoKumeyaay is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook