View Single Post
Old 11-25-2010, 02:25 AM   #1
wyo_rose
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Thanksgiving Recipes

Posting some Turkey Day recipes so I have them in one place as I'm cooking!

Turkey Brine: Of course, I buy my turkey at the last minute, or occasionally get a free one the day before and they are hard as bowling balls. I mix a warm brine in a medium sized cooler, set the turkey in for an hour, then add some ice to keep bacteria at bay until it's ready to cook the next day.

1 cup salt
1 cup brown sugar
Veggie broth if you have it
1 tablespoon black pepper corns
1 teaspoon garlic
1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
1 teaspoon sage
Or any other spices

I haven't cooked at this high temp before, but here's how I'm going to flash cook my turkey.

Rinse the turkey and pat dry. Rub with butter or oil. Place some aromatics in the turkey cavity: onion, apple, celery, etc...

Bake at 500 degrees for 30 minutes, turn the heat down and cook at 350 degrees until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees. Cover the breast of the turkey with tin foil after it browns nicely.

Let rest for 30 minutes before you carve it.

To "carve": cut off the wings, drumsticks and thighs, debone the thighs and cut into chunks. Cut the whole breast off one side of the turkey, and cut into thick slices. Then do the other side if you need more..

Last edited by wyo_rose; 11-25-2010 at 02:36 AM..
wyo_rose is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook