View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 11:37 PM   #6
iolana1
Olathe-Tehya-Nituna-Ayita

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
iolana1 has a reputation beyond reputeiolana1 has a reputation beyond reputeiolana1 has a reputation beyond reputeiolana1 has a reputation beyond reputeiolana1 has a reputation beyond reputeiolana1 has a reputation beyond reputeiolana1 has a reputation beyond reputeiolana1 has a reputation beyond reputeiolana1 has a reputation beyond reputeiolana1 has a reputation beyond reputeiolana1 has a reputation beyond reputeiolana1 has a reputation beyond reputeiolana1 has a reputation beyond reputeiolana1 has a reputation beyond reputeiolana1 has a reputation beyond reputeiolana1 has a reputation beyond reputeiolana1 has a reputation beyond reputeiolana1 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechy View Post
Well, white or very lightly smoked color are traditional. You can't go wrong with those. I have yet to see some of these pastel buckskins you mention. If you have pictures, I'd love to see. They might look good but what if its just a short-lived fad? Then you will have to spend to make another dress once the fashion fades.

I've made a few buckskin dresses and they are a lot of work. If I am going to put so much effort into something, I want to use good-quality materials. If it were me, I would save up for the more costly white buckskins. But I try to make stuff that will outlive me, lol! I don't know which style of dress you are thinking about but another option might be to use fewer hides by making a wool/velvet top or shortening/using less of the arm fringe. Just my thoughts....
Thanks czechy for your input. :-) i will try and locate the pictures that i took of those dresses i was talking about. Currently i dance in buckskin and at the moment while my new dress is being made my current dress is of tradewool for the top and buckskin for the bottom/fringe. I was given this style of many many years ago by my late grandmother. Thanks again for your post and I might check out the velvet for a lighter cooler summer top.