View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 10:44 AM   #213
Zeke
Self-Righteous Injun

Items Treasure ChestPresentTreasure ChestPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa_Boy View Post
Think further south and west in OK, the Craterville Lake experience is really the first major planted seed in the non-native wild plant that we call the "fancy dance" today. Pawnee Bull, the 101 Ranch, Thomas Ince, and other impact dancing at diff times and places, but the CL plays a larger, more important role than them, at an earlier date, in regard to fancy.
To my knowledge, it wasn't until the last summer that folks outside of the tribal triumvirate participated -- making it difficult for me to buy that scores of "outside seeds" were planted en masse -- but I do understand the romanticism of the 1925-ish to 1933-ish Craterville Fair thing and you've researched more its impact. "Cool."

Social evolution is an inexplicable and wondrous thing. I, often, wonder what future folks will refer to today's stuff as?
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook