View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 10:53 PM   #87
Elizabeth Costales
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Elizabeth Costales has a reputation beyond reputeElizabeth Costales has a reputation beyond reputeElizabeth Costales has a reputation beyond reputeElizabeth Costales has a reputation beyond reputeElizabeth Costales has a reputation beyond reputeElizabeth Costales has a reputation beyond reputeElizabeth Costales has a reputation beyond reputeElizabeth Costales has a reputation beyond reputeElizabeth Costales has a reputation beyond reputeElizabeth Costales has a reputation beyond reputeElizabeth Costales has a reputation beyond reputeElizabeth Costales has a reputation beyond reputeElizabeth Costales has a reputation beyond reputeElizabeth Costales has a reputation beyond reputeElizabeth Costales has a reputation beyond reputeElizabeth Costales has a reputation beyond reputeElizabeth Costales has a reputation beyond reputeElizabeth Costales has a reputation beyond reputeElizabeth Costales has a reputation beyond reputeElizabeth Costales has a reputation beyond reputeElizabeth Costales has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Smile Where to get a porky hide.

I used to order porcupine hides from EIDNES FURS INC. The quills were perfect for embroidery and wrapping. One hide will keep you and 1 friend supplied with quills for a long time.

My mentor and I would pull the quills out by hand. But be careful, I spent too many hours in a row doing this and had kidney trouble from my zeal. I recommend stopping every 20 minutes or so and washing your hands and taking a break from handling the quills and hide.

I switched to beadwork when I was pregnant 14 years ago and have not gone back to quill work yet. It was easier not to have to deal with sharp quills around little children. :)
Elizabeth Costales is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook