View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 10:56 PM   #88
Elizabeth Costales
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Elizabeth Costales has a reputation beyond reputeElizabeth Costales has a reputation beyond reputeElizabeth Costales has a reputation beyond reputeElizabeth Costales has a reputation beyond reputeElizabeth Costales has a reputation beyond reputeElizabeth Costales has a reputation beyond reputeElizabeth Costales has a reputation beyond reputeElizabeth Costales has a reputation beyond reputeElizabeth Costales has a reputation beyond reputeElizabeth Costales has a reputation beyond reputeElizabeth Costales has a reputation beyond reputeElizabeth Costales has a reputation beyond reputeElizabeth Costales has a reputation beyond reputeElizabeth Costales has a reputation beyond reputeElizabeth Costales has a reputation beyond reputeElizabeth Costales has a reputation beyond reputeElizabeth Costales has a reputation beyond reputeElizabeth Costales has a reputation beyond reputeElizabeth Costales has a reputation beyond reputeElizabeth Costales has a reputation beyond reputeElizabeth Costales has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by macie View Post
Thank-you. I wanted to make something different.
I use only sterling silver posts and hooks, on my silver work, for the people that are allergic.
I just got done cleaning some quills, half done that is. They were really a mess.
I got some of the nicest quills I've ever had though. One of my friends moved to the Dakotas recently. She called me a day later all excited, She found rode kill (porky). I had been explaining, complaining, to her about some of the quills I bought not having the diameter I needed, and not being able to use half of them. She's not squeemish at all. She harvested a bunch of quills off that porky, put them in a tupperware, duct taped it up, and mailed them to me.
A big tupperware! I should have enough for a while now. After I get them cleaned and sorted that is.
I would like to see some of your work.
After the holidays I want to try doing the woven quill work.
Hopefully I will be able to sell some of my jewelry at the local Christmas bazaars.
If people had any clue how much work is involved with cleaning and sorting (and in your case, dyeing and weaving) those little buggers they would think the price for the finished product was dirt cheap.
I agree with you. There is much work involved with cleaning the quills and working with them.
Elizabeth Costales is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook