View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 04:33 AM   #13
CHEROSAGE
cherosage

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
CHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond repute
CHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
I can't help but add my 2 cents worth. As I was growing up we were told of our Black Dutch and Black Irish simply depending on which part of the family we were discussing. Grandpa told me it was simply a way that our families could live and own land without being deported to OK, NDN territory. Not sure why because Grandpa's family ended up in OK around Vinita/Big Cabin area at the turn of the Century. My Great Grandma and Grandpa were given land which somehow we no longer have. They came to MO just prior to WWI. Greatgrandpa was a Methodist Preacher man, called a circuit rider.

The Black Dutch was a very important part of our oral history. We were told to never tell anyone we were NDN. I still am not sure why, because most of my friend in Springfield MO area were also of NDN families. Go figure.