View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 01:19 AM   #144
yaahl
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Hmmm, Dr Regina Weltfish, wrote the bulk of her work in the 30s. Just about the same time most anthros and historians were convinced that native folks would be extinct by the 1960s. Weltfish also wrote government propaganda. She may have lived with the Pawnee but as with most authors from that time period, if they couldn't fill in the blanks, they just made crap up. I doubt Weltfish was immune to that - her contemporaries were not above writing "evidence" to match intended government policies of assimilation and genocide. They wanted us gone and if they could convince others that we were bloodthirsty savages, it would occur faster. Try reading: We're Not the Savages by Daniel Paul, Killing the White Man's Indian by Fergus M. Bordewich for a counter point.

You asked who these hordes of white folks were, JD showed you, I added a short two part video... if you aren't interested, then why belabour the point?

You mention that you like watching pow-wows etc yet here you are arguing with the very people you like to watch. Do you vigorously argue with the Scots, Chinese and others you mentioned or do you feel you should with us because you think you can?

Ok, I'm tired of g̱aal sgaalang... we need more Burnstick!

You noted the language, I was just attempting to see if you wanted to converse in something else. I am not bound by just English. But if you want to see it as smug, then so be it.
yaahl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook