View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 11:21 AM   #13
yaahl
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
I don't dig the urban cowboy thing on anyone.

Why?

That stuff had a USE.

If you don't know what it is, or don't actually use it, you're a poser.
Exactly. I had to giggle last year when one of the talent shows had a kid that was NC all dressed up in cowboy gear. I think singers confuse country genre with the western genre and assume they are one and the same.

Around here, we have real cowboys/girls. Complete with rodeo buckles. Some of the ranches here are 35,000 acres. A ranch/farm with less than 2000 acres is considered a very small operation. So once again, I giggle when folks from out east say they are ranchers with a spread of 10 acres. That amount of land out here is your driveway. LOL

At community events you can always spot the posers... they are the ones wearing boots with spur heels and no spurs...or they have little plastic shower caps covering their hat when it rains. LOL

My favourite piece of kit is the oilskin duster. Keeps me warm and dry when I'm out hunting/riding (horse and bike)/hiking/fishing.
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.
yaahl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook